By Ralph Nader / <a href="www.commondreams.org/views/2019/10/04/shame-nation-1-rules-and-99-lets-them">Common Dreams</a>
Source: Read full article at Truthdig
- There has never been more access to food—domestic and imported—yet hunger is an ongoing problem everywhere. In the U.S. alone, 16.5 million children go to bed hungry and 20% of community college students are experiencing “food insecurity.”
- Never have there been more communications technologies, yet it is harder to get through to people personally than fifty years ago.
- Never have people been able to use their right to free speech so unencumbered, yet a torrent of lies are now spread so freely and are often unchallenged.
- Never have there been higher corporate profits, yet staggering amounts of poverty and near poverty remain along with stagnant wages.
- Never have there been more medicines to alleviate pain, yet far too many of these pain killers have caused massive fatalities and addictions.
- Never has there been more liquid corporate capital piled up, yet corporate investment is proportionately lower than before. Instead, CEO’s have burned over 7 trillion dollars in unproductive stock buybacks in the past decade.
- Never have there been more exercise outlets, exercise machines and apps, yet obesity is still rampant.
- Never have there been more tax breaks for big…